Happy Homecoming Friday
Grants awarded, football and baseball victories, pre-K in the news, and much more!
Happy Homecoming 2018 Friday,
- Meredith Beard & Jessica Patrick - The Education Foundation this week awarded mini-grants to Meredith (100 Level A-D Books & Acer convertible touchscreen Chromebook) and Jessica (Kindle Fires)...way to go!
- Varsity Football - What a hallmark victory last Friday against 3A ranked Williamsville! Memorable one of a kind season in the works...beat Pleasant Plains!!
- MS Baseball - Regional Champs! - Good luck in Sectionals!
- Pre-K Program in the Spotlight - On Wednesday evening, our Pre-K program was a featured story on the WCIA TV news...way to go Carrie and Pre-K team! Once we locate the link to the piece we will pass along.
- Homecoming Week 2018 - Congrats to all for the hard work that goes into the planning and execution on all the special activities/events that have such a strong tradition and history...current and former students and the entire community benefit so much...we are blessed and have much to be thankful for...it is a privilege to watch our students of all ages interact with this festive week...and, it was again very impressive to see our HS students down at the GS this morning!
- The desire for a more positive experience is itself a negative experience. And, paradoxically, the acceptance of one's negative experience is itself a positive experience.
- What pain do you want in your life? What are you willing to struggle for? Because those questions seem to be a greater determinant of how your life turns out.
- If people cut you down or talk behind your back, remember, they took the time out of their pathetic lives to think about you.
- Misunderstandings, miscommunication, and negative assumptions are the three biggest causes of conflict. Don't assume the worst or believe everything you think. Often times things aren't what they seem.
Need to Know
- School District Satisfaction Survey for Staff - The survey will remain open until Friday October 5th (two more weeks!) So far, the completion rate is fairly low. This is your chance to give input about what is going well, what is not going well, what we should continue to do, what should we stop doing, and what should we do that we are not doing! Please take the time...thanks!
- September 2018 School Board Agenda & Packet - Attached for your review.
Have an enjoyable first weekend of Autumn!