Your commitment can make the difference!
The Maroa-Forsyth School District Foundation was established in 1996 as a not-for-profit corporation, under Section 501(c)(3), dedicated to enriching, enhancing, and supporting the Maroa-Forsyth School District.
The MF Foundation provides supplemental financial resources for programs and initiatives that align with the Maroa-Forsyth District plans for students' educational experiences.
Since inception over $150,000 has been invested directly into Maroa-Forsyth classroom education thanks to our Teacher Grant Program and the generosity of community member contributions. In addition, the Foundation funds several scholarships each year with money donated by district families for that purpose.
Some past grants funded include:
- $10,000 for Virtual Reality equipment for MFMS social studies & science classes
- $10,000 for Chromebooks for the Middle School
- $4,000 for science equipment for High School lab science course
- $3,500 for science equipment for High School organic chemistry course
- $9,000 (over a 3-year period) for additional library books
- $3,500 to update equipment for the Middle School science labs
- $6,400 for a kiln for the High School art department
- $8,500 for band instruments
- $4,500 for formal wear for the High School choral department
- $6,500 for equipment for physical science lab activities
- $2,500 for a new pottery wheel for art class/club
- $2,500 for a physics track system
- $2,500 for equipment for the High School greenhouse
- $2,500 for performance mirrors for the High School dance team
- $4,500 to assist the District with the purchase of new band uniforms
- $2,900 for document cameras for the Second Grade program
The mission of the Maroa Forsyth School District Foundation shall be to enrich the lives of Maroa-Forsyth Students through enhanced educational opportunities.
Developing a strong financial base through endowment funds and gifts will make the critical difference between basic education and excellent education.