December/End of 2018 here we come!!
Goodbye November 2018. And December/End of 2018 here we come!! You have to embrace and love each month of the year and certainly this time of year is unique to itself as it seems the focus is on giving thanks, giving to others, and all of the emotions associated with the holidays in general. There is certainly a lot going on in our district. It is all overwhelming at times and hard to keep track of...I hope we all are able to slow down and simply enjoy each moment.
- 2A State Football Runner Up - So proud of the team and coaches...great kids! World class champions in my book!!
- HS Art Club - Pretty cool...they get to travel to St. Louis for a field trip tomorrow!
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball Team - While their seasons ended this week...the team records for the year were off the charts!
- The Sounds of the Seasons Choir TV Appearance - A couple of weeks ago this was taped and can't wait to be seeing it!
- Holocaust Museum Field Trip - What a great experience and tradition our HS students have to see this soon!
- Yoga & Mindfulness Opportunities at the HS - Way to go Stacy for getting this option in front of the students...a high volume signing up!
- Annelise Sparks Signing with D1 Wisconsin Green Bay - Way to go!
- Kindergarten Donates 77 PJ's to Charity - Awesome job!
- Upcoming Forsyth Tree Lighting - Looking forward to hearing from HS Jazz & Choir!
- Ms. Illinois Coming to the MS - Looking forward to hearing her message on kindness & respect on Dec 14!
- MS Choir to Skype with Actor Jimmy Capek on Dec 20 - That will be awesome!
- All Schools - Holiday Charity Projects - Very proud that our staff and students get into the Food Drive, Jam the Jars, and Clash of the Classes!
- State Playoff Half-Time Performance - Cheerleaders, Trojanettes, and the Band coordinated an outstanding performance...thanks Mrs. Lidy!
- HS Band & Choir Upcoming Holiday Performances - Looking forward to Dec 8 at the mall and the Dec 11 concert!
- HS Basketball - Girls off to a great 6-1 start and good luck to opening of the season boys!
- FFA Thanksgiving Lunch - Awesome job serving the Greater Decatur Chamber of Commerce event!
- Ava Cowgill & Blaine Burns - Way to go getting invited to the IHSEA Lincoln Park Art Show!
- 8th Grade PE Dance Unit - Check out the moves on our social media outlets...pretty cool!
- GS PE Roller Skating - Our 4th and 5th graders gearing up for this great opportunity soon!
- Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
- If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.
- I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
Need to Know
- District Holiday Celebration - Mark your calendars...like last year, we will again celebrate the seasons with a holiday get-together at Crawford's in Maroa on Friday, December 14 from 3:30 to 6:30...ALL are invited...hope to see you there! See separate email.
- Strategic Planning Update/Mission, Beliefs & GOALS 2019-2022 - In the last 2 updates I shared with your our new mission, beliefs, and goals from our strategic planning process in very rough draft form. The last component of the plan is attached....the GREATNESS INDICATORS. When we return on January 7, 2019 we will be having a welcome back breakfast followed by a presentation and activity related to understanding the strategic plan in more detail and next steps.
- Electronic State Required Training - Many of you have started and/or completed these. The mandated DCFS training takes you to another site per the direction from the state...it might require you to use a different browser and it will require you to log in as new with that site. Joey at Bushue can help you if need help with this or anything related to the on-line programs. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email me as well and I will make sure things are taken care of for you.
- Calendar 2019-20 - Next month the calendar committee will meet to discus and study how the calendar should look next year. If you were on that team last year expect an email from me soon.
With Maroa-Forsyth Trojan Pride...
...Have a wonderful weekend,