Congrats to our middle school baseball team and inaugural Hall of Fame Class!
Dear Maroa-Forsyth School District Team,
It's been awhile (about a month) since I've put out a formal communication so I want to begin by saying how I continue to be impressed every day as I observe at all of our schools the professionalism and caring attitude you extend to our students & families. It does not go unnoticed and it is one of the reasons why this is such a great place! As we head into October/November, I've experienced this time of year presenting challenges that tests us in those areas so it is important to keep our balance/focus through inevitable cycles of a school year...avoid the extremes so to speak!
Need to Know
- Bus Driver Shortage - see attached that went out a few weeks ago...we've had some interest but want to keep it out there that we still need sub drivers...please consider. Contact Jody if interested.
- 2020-21 School Calendar - The Calendar Team will be meeting on November 4th to plan out the calendar for next school year. If you have some specific feedback you want the committee to consider, please send me an email and/or contact your Principal and they will get the information to me.
- Future of the Middle School Update - As you are aware, we had our first community meeting last week. Attached is the presentation and summary notes from the meeting. We started with 10 options to consider and have it down now to 3 or 4. The next meeting is October 23rd at 6:30 (6:00 optional tours of the Middle School). We had around 70 people at the first meeting. Please plan on attending if you want to be heard and give input as we narrow things down even more.
- Automated Sub Caller System - ASEOP/Frontline - (For Teachers & Aides Only) We are close to launching this. We will go live on Monday, October 21st. Any absence request starting that day will need to be submitted through this system. Not only will this be how you order up a sub, but it will also be the way you request and get approval for a personal or professional day. Your account balances for sick, personal, and professional will sync back to your Skyward account. Next Wednesday we will send you directions on how to do this so you can prepare.
- "Nothing's far when one wants to get there."
- "No one can be given a blessing better and greater than patience."
- "Worrying is a waste of time. Good and bad things happen in life, you just have to keep living and not stress over what you can't control."
- "You are responsible for your own happiness. If you expect others to make you happy, you will always be disappointed."
- Super congratulations to our MS Baseball Team...you are Champions in our book!
- ALL of our sports programs this time of year...so proud of their seasons...you make us proud way to go Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Cross-Country, Golf & Tennis!
- Band - Is as large as it's been and doing well at an increased number of competitions!
- Congratulations to the inaugural Hall of Fame Class!:
- Dick Irvin - Class of 1942, Educator 1960-1986,
- Lonny McClung - Class of 1957
- Ken Chalcraft - Class of 1957
- Doug Faulkner - Class of 1972
- Kevin Koslofski - Class of 1984
- Amber Patton - Class of 2005
- Robert "Robo" Kreps - Class of 2007
- Florence Berry - Educator
- Walter Boyd and Family - Educator
- Fred Thompson - Educator
In closing, Homecoming week and all of the traditions are so special...never take them for granted! GO TROJANS!
With Maroa-Forsyth Trojan Pride,