Get updates on calendar changes and information from the latest board meeting.
I have a few updates for you today as we head into spring break.
Again, thanks for your understanding with the calendar changes...I think we will all be thankful on May 28th.
This past week at the School Board meeting:
- Our phone provider Sentinel was granted a new contract to upgrade our phone system.
- Our architect BLDD presented a process that will be used with the Middle School Steering Team to determine the future of our middle school. Using their services was approved later in the meeting.
- QNS presented recommended hardware computer purchases for next year. Most of the new computers are to replace old ones that are dying out. The recommendation was approved later in the meeting.
- In terms of staffing updates for next year, the Board approved the attached personnel report. Welcome to new staff members! And, we thank staff who are leaving for their service to the district!! The personnel report is always available to the public after approval, but I will also remind myself to include in Friday updates.
- The Board approved the minutes from the February 2019 meeting...approved minutes are always available on the website, but I will also remind myself to start attaching them to the Friday updates...attached.
- The Board approved new administrator contracts: annual contracts (2019-20) for AD/Assistant Principal Phil Applebee and Interim Business Manager Leo Johnson; three-year contracts (2019-2022) for Mrs. Reynolds, Dr. Kahler (Congrats Doc!), and Mr. Stewart; and a five-year contract (2019-2024) for the superintendent.
- Also, the Board approved and set salary increases for 2019-20 school year for all non-certified staff and administrators at the same rate as the teaching staff, 3.5%.
In closing, I truly hope everyone has a safe, restful, and joyful spring break...we all need to come back refreshed for the last 2 months of the school year.
Thoughts and Reflections
Here are some closing thoughts and reflections:
- Don't be breaking your shin on a stool that is not in your way. -Irish proverb
- The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
- Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: You don't give up.
Take Good Care,