- Maroa-Forsyth CUSD #2 will return to full days (GS 8:15-3:05 MS 8:05-2:55 and HS 8:00-2:50) Monday-Friday for the 2021-2022 school year. Drop off procedures will be modified to prevent large groups of students gathering in the gyms or other spaces. Specifics have been sent out by the building principals.
- Masks are required to be worn by all students, teachers, staff, and visitors at all times when in the school buildings. This includes Back to School Nights, indoor athletic events, and all other indoor activities.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times on all school vehicles including buses, activity bus, van, and driver’s education vehicle.
- Students not wearing a mask will be provided one. If a student refuses to wear a mask they will discuss it with the principal. If they still don’t wear a mask then the parents will be notified, and if they continue to disregard the mask mandate then the student will be excluded from school until they wear a mask. All students must wear a mask at all times in the school buildings.
- If a student refuses to wear a mask and is excluded from school it will be counted as an unexcused absence.
- Maroa-Forsyth CUSD #2 will follow the IHSA & IESA requirements for masking for indoor athletic practices and contests.
- Students will be socially distanced as much as possible in classrooms.
- Lunches will be moved back to normal operations, locations, and times. Students will be socially distanced during lunches as much as possible in the cafeterias.
- Remote instruction assignments will be provided to students who are quarantined by the local health department through Google Classroom (6-12) and provided materials with check in times (K-5).
- Full-time medically remote instruction will be provided for students with a documented medical condition to themselves or a family member living in the household that causes them to be at a higher risk of severe illness if exposed to COVID-19. 6-12 instruction will be provided through APEX Learning. K-5 will be provided through a different method and will be announced by August 9th. Medically Approved Remote instruction will not be full-day live instruction. A request for Full-Time Medically Approved Remote Instruction will be available by July 30 and must be completed by a physician and presented to the principal of the school children are enrolled in to be considered for Full-Time Medically Remote Instruction. Medially Remote Instruction is a semester commitment.
- Please keep your child home when they aren’t feeling well. If they have an alternative diagnosis (allergies, migraines, etc.) please get a note from your child’s doctor to assist us in preventing spread.
- Testing for symptomatic students will be available at school.
- Building specific information will be sent out as soon as possible.
If the Executive Order is lifted or reversed the District will go to a mask optional plan.
Due to the ever changing situation with local, state, and national data, requirements and guidelines these mitigation strategies are subject to change.
Return to School Plan
August 18, 2021