Catch up on our latest wins and learn more about our Middle School planning.
I was reminiscing recently in the midst of being around our 1-year old granddaughter from time to time and I was taken aback to the days when our own kids were between 1 and 5 and I remembered something we called "the witching hour"...you know, that time after supper but too early for bedtime when our lovely children became so cranky that I swear their heads would spin around 360 degrees. I sometimes think that November/December can be our "witching hour" of the school year. While the holidays can fill us with joy, those feelings can be overcome by the cold, dark days heading into the shortest daylight day of the year December 21st. The approaching holidays can also fill some with anxiety and/or the reminder of family/friends who are no longer with us. Single parents and children of divorce can, in some cases, not even look forward to holiday time. So, the point being here is to go easy & be extra kind to yourself and to others...take the time to laugh & have fun more often than not...do something you have never done before...rearrange the furniture...etc, etc...you get the point...mix it up as our students and those around us will follow our lead!
- Veterans Day Assemblies- Out of this world...thanks to all who planned and participated and more importantly thanks to all of our Veterans...it was great to honor them this past week!
- First Ever Lego League at the GS - Pretty cool!
- MS Musical, Elf - We have an awesome musical program and talented kids...have a great production!
- Blood Drive at the HS - Our students are in many cases good role models for us on how to serve others!
Need to Know
Middle School Future Planning - We are nearing the end of the journey (I think) on deciding on a course of action. But, one more critical step...we will be releasing a survey next week and I strongly encourage you to fill it out. We will also need your help promoting the survey out to our parents and the public. The more data we have on just exactly what our community will or will not support is crucial. How this works then is the Steering Committee will analyze the survey data along with the data collected at the Community Engagements meetings to form a final recommendation to the School Board. The Committee will present the findings to the School Board at a meeting in December and then at the December 16th Regular Monthly Meeting the Board will vote on what to do. This will cause a referendum question to be put on the March 17, 2020 ballot for the community to vote on. The School Board could delay this timeline causing the question to be put out to the November 2020 election.
Maroa-Forsyth School District Holiday Celebration 2019 - Mark your calendar and what a great way to spend some time on a "Friday the 13th"...join us on Friday, December 13, 2019 from 3:30 to 6:00 PM at Crawford's in Maroa. This is a great time to share some holiday cheer with one another and you don't even need to bring anything...food & beverages provided!
Maroa-Forsyth Foundation Community Celebration 2020 - Via the Foundation, we are busy planning for the 1st Annual Community Celebration to be held on Saturday, March 14, 2020...mark your calendars now as you don't want to miss this event! Tickets will go on sale starting in January. We will be honoring our 1st Hall of Fame Class and some of our Veterans from our Wall of Valor among other things. More to come! (I know we are all very busy, but we are looking for folks to help with the planning of this event...if you are interested in helping, there is a meeting this coming Monday at 6:00 PM in the HS Library...if you can't make that but want to help please email me.)
- The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.
- "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." - Albert Einstein
- The strongest people aren't always the people who win, but the people who don't give up when they lose.
- Staying quiet doesn't mean you've got nothing to say. It means you don't think they are ready to hear your thoughts.
- Don't think cost. Think of value.
Have a great weekend!
With Maroa-Forsyth Trojan Pride,