To enable each student, through safe and efficient transportation, to take full advantage of the complete range of curricular and extracurricular activities by the district's schools.
- Conforms with all state laws and regulations regarding school transportation.
- Maintains safety standards in conformance with state and insurance regulations and develops a program of preventative safety.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises all transportation personnel, and make recommendations on their employment, promotion, and release.
- Advises Superintendent on road hazards for decision on school closing during inclement weather.
- Acts as a liaison with road commissioner for consultation on road hazards for decision on school closing during inclement weather.
- Cooperates with school principals and others responsible for planning special school trips.
- Develops and administers a transportation program to meet all the requirements of the daily instructional program and extracurricular activities.
- Formulates specifications to be incorporated into contractual agreements.
- Prepares bus routes for all public and non-public schools in the district.
- Prepares and updates bus routes for all public and non-public schools in the district.
- Attends appropriate committee and staff meetings.
- Helps prepare and administer the transportation budget.
- Authorizes purchases in accordance with the budgetary limitations and district rules.
- Approves and forwards transportation service invoices to accounting department.
- Maintains all district-owned equipment and develops plans for preventative maintenance.
- Prepares transportation payroll on a weekly basis.
- Completes and dispatches insurance reports.
- Submits all reports required by state authorities.
- Takes an active roll in solving discipline problems occurring on school buses.
- Acts as liaison with parents for complaints and special requests.
- Provides the purchasing department with contractor performance qualification data.
- Reviews annually the advisability of a district-owned transportation system.
- Develops recommendations for future equipment and personnel needs based on a survey of resident students, distances, and grade levels.
- Develops recommendations for future transportation needs based on an annual survey of residents.
- Assigns drivers to designated buses.
- Performs other duties as assigned by administration.